Keep it authentic, positive, and inspiring.
- Make a positive and inspiring message that reflects your personal beliefs.
- Inspire others to make a pledge, too.
Focus on prevention.
- Intimate partner violence can happen to anyone, but together we can change it.
Consider a message that will inspire you and others who may see your photo.
- Emphasize your commitment to prevention violence and abuse.
- Stress the values of a healthy relationship.
Send a safe message.
- Remind people that there is no shame in being a victim and that they can get help.
- Refrain from language that idealizes abusive behavior or might be insensitive to victims and their families.
- Never encourage someone to leave without seeking help or developing a safety plan.
- Never mention taking violent action against abusers.
Offer trusted resources.
- If you want to mention a specific organization that can help, we suggest:
The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE