What We Do
Saving Promise’s mission is to disrupt the cycle of intimate partner violence in at-risk adolescents, young adults, and vulnerable populations, and create safer communities for generations to come.
Essentially, we want to keep Promise safe, meaning all children, adolescents, and young adults, by leveraging our expertise and collaborations to achieve the following objectives:
We advance RESEARCH.
We have partnered with the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health to:
- Support groundbreaking research about the impact of intimate partner violence.
- Explore evidence-based prevention strategies, programs, and policies.
- Inform legislation at the local and national levels.
We foster INNOVATIVE PREVENTION.
We implement and scale programs and best practices to:
- Raise awareness among both broad and targeted audiences.
- Educate youth about safe and healthy behaviors and relationships.
- Shift the conversation from intervention to prevention.
We deploy PUBLIC EDUCATION campaigns.
We harness the power of storytelling, technology, and social and digital media to:
- Break the silence and stigma.
- Engage hearts and minds in a cultural shift.
- Inspire youth, families, and communities to take action.
We advance MULTI-SECTOR COLLABORATION.
We serve as a convener in the IPV prevention movement to:
- Share insights and best practices with community partners and stakeholders.
- Build synergies with existing efforts and disciplines.
- Mobilize to work smarter, not harder.